The apparel company reported a loss of -20 cents a share for the fiscal third quarter, missing the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of 3 cents a share by 23 cents. Revenue fell -18.9% from the year-ago quarter to $395.65 million, below analysts' estimates of $440.64 million in revenue for the quarter.
Net revenue from the company's Quicksilver brand fell 17% year over year to $143 million for the quarter, while revenue from the Roxy brand fell 9% to $119 million, and revenue from the DC brand fell 34% to $109 million for the quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates QUIKSILVER INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate QUIKSILVER INC (ZQK) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally high debt management risk, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share." You can view the full analysis from the report here: ZQK Ratings Report ZQK data by YCharts EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV