NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Not the best day at all this Thursday but we haven't broken yet. We are still just consolidating.
I'm not a fan of the action we've seen the past couple days where we have seen strong opens but then weakness.
Read More: Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend Stocks
Strong markets tend to open weaker and close strongly.
We are not breaking down by any means yet but we do continue to consolidate in the trend that does remain pointed up.
That said, I am a bit concerned and ready to begin locking in gains if need be.
SPDR S&P 500 (SPY) is still holding 200 and did see a nice push higher into the close.
Consolidation is good but if this does turn out to be a top, not something I am calling for yet, we will have time as tops take time to develop.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV