NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Joy Global (JOY) shares continue to decline, down -2.2% to $60.82 in afternoon trading on Thursday, after weak thermal coal prospects caused the mining equipment manufacturer to report third quarter earnings of 80 cents per share, 4 cents worse than analysts were expecting.
Watch the video below for a closer look at Joy Global's latest quarterly results:
WATCH: More market update videos on TheStreet TV
The company reported third quarter revenue of $875.7 million which missed analysts guidance of $932 million.
Joy Global also lowered its full year guidance down to between $3.65 billion and $3.75 billion from its previous forecast of $3.6 billion to $3.8 billion.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreet Ratings team rates JOY GLOBAL INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JOY Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV