NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- PVH Corp.
(PVH) stock is up 10.04% to $128.89 in afternoon trading at three times normal volume following its higher than expected second quarter earnings and a price target increase at Wells Fargo
Watch the video below for a detailed look at PVH's latest quarterly results:
WATCH: More market update videos on TheStreet TV Analysts at the firm raised its price target on the clothing company to a range of $137 - $141 from $127 - $132 with a "market perform" rating on the shares.
The firm cited improved sales trends in August for the change.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates PVH CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate PVH CORP (PVH) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income increased by 442.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$10.30 million to $35.30 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 56.05% to -$51.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PVH CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.17%.
- PVH CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PVH CORP reported lower earnings of $1.83 versus $5.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.36 versus $1.83).
- The gross profit margin for PVH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 55.76%. Regardless of PVH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.79% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PVH Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.