NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of 21Vianet Group Inc
(VNET) are climbing, up 5.21% to $27.05, after the largest data center services provider in China announced that its board authorized a share repurchase program.
The company will repurchase $100 million of its own outstanding shares within the next 12 months, using funds from its available cash balance.
About 1.06 million shares of 21Vianet Group were traded by 1:12 p.m., compared to an average trading volume of about 808,300 shares a day.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, VNET's share price has jumped by 118.43%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although VNET had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- 39.96% is the gross profit margin for 21VIANET GROUP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -9.48% is in-line with the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, 21VIANET GROUP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$6.92 million to -$10.08 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: VNET Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV