NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of VeriFone Systems Inc (PAY) are up 2.98% to $35.57 today after the credit card swipe machine maker reported better than expected revenue and earnings for its third quarter with 40 cents per share, beating the 35 cents per share analysts expected, and higher than the 24 cents per share one year ago.
The company reported a 14.4% net revenue increase for the quarter to $475.9 million from $416 million in the same quarter of last year, and above the $458.93 million analysts expected.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PAY Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV