NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of VeriFone Systems Inc (PAY - Get Report) are up 2.98% to $35.57 today after the credit card swipe machine maker reported better than expected revenue and earnings for its third quarter with 40 cents per share, beating the 35 cents per share analysts expected, and higher than the 24 cents per share one year ago.
The company reported a 14.4% net revenue increase for the quarter to $475.9 million from $416 million in the same quarter of last year, and above the $458.93 million analysts expected.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PAY Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts