U.S. same-store sales also rose 7% last month and 6% for the quarter, which ended Aug. 31. Excluding gas and foreign exchange, Costco's same store sales rose 8% in August and 7% for the quarter. Total net sales for the month jumped 10% from last year to $8.8 billion.
Costco also reported net sales of $110.2 billion for its fiscal year, which also ended on Aug. 31, an increase of 7% year over year and in line with consensus estimates. The Issaquah, Wash.-based company reports fourth quarter earnings on Oct. 9.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV