NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- At Stockpickr, we track the top holdings of a variety of high-profile investors, such as George Soros and Carl Icahn.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend StocksOne of the most popular of these portfolios is that of Paulson & Co., run by John Paulson, No. 84 on Forbes' list of the world's billionaires. Today we're taking a closer look at 10 stocks that Paulson bought in the most recently reported quarter, based on Paulson & Co.'s most recent quarterly 13F filing with the SEC, which reflects holdings as of Sept. 30, 2014. They are ordered by position size. 10. HCA Holdings HCA Holdings (HCA) comprised 1.8% of Paulson & Co.'s portfolio as of Sept. 30. The 6.1 million-share position was a 78.4% increase over the previous quarter. TheStreet Ratings team rates HCA Holdings as a buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate HCA Holdings (HCA) a buy. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 46.83% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.94% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HCA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 41.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $365.00 million to $518.00 million.
- HCA's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,128.00 million or 25.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.38%.
- HCA Holdings has improved earnings per share by 46.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HCA Holdings reported lower earnings of $3.36 versus $3.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.54 versus $3.36).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts