NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of PVH Corp. (PVH) are up 7.36% to $125.75 in pre-market trade after the owner of the Calvin Klein and Van Heusen clothing brands reported second quarter earnings that beat analysts' estimates, as Tommy Hilfiger apparel sales increased.
Watch the video below for a closer look at PVH's latest quarterly results:
Profit excluding some items was $1.51 a share in the quarter through August 3.. Analysts estimated $1.43.Tommy Hilfiger unit sales jumped 8.9% to $870.4 million in the quarter, and total revenue was up 0.5% to $1.98 billion. Analysts' estimated $1.99 billion in revenue. For additional information on this subject, click here: Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates PVH CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate PVH CORP (PVH) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PVH Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV