Helped by a 52% year-over-year surge in revenue, the San Fransisco-based big data company delivered a solid beat, which sent the stock soaring almost 20%.
Read More: 10 Stocks George Soros Is Buying
Shares are now around $57, closing Wednesday down almost 5% and giving back a meaningful portion of last week's gains.
As it stands, Splunk investors are still in the hole by roughly 17% in 2014.With larger players like IBM (IBM) and Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) positioning for Big Data dominance, Splunk's second-quarter victory, while inspiring, may be short-lived.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV