3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Goods Sector Lower
- FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO's earnings per share declined by 21.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO reported poor results of -$0.74 versus -$0.66 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Chemicals industry. The net income has decreased by 23.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$3.00 million to -$3.71 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO is currently extremely low, coming in at 3.71%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -32.84% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, FFHL has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 15.16% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts