European Equities No Match for Strengthening U.S.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- European stocks continue to lag U.S. stocks as the economies' paths diverge.
The Standard & Poor's 500 Index and German DAX stock index continue to move in opposite directions as the U.S. economy improves at a faster pace than before, and euro area fundamentals deteriorate.
>>Read More:10 Stocks Carl Icahn Loves in 2014
Chart provided by Trading Economics European inflation figures released on Friday provided further testament to weakness in the region. Consumer prices rose by just an 0.3% annual rate in August, according to official figures released by Eurostat, meeting expectations but marking a five-year low. That was down from 0.4% in July, and is significantly below the central bank's target of 2% growth. >>Read More: Cramer: What’s Working, What’s Not
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV