NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Chico's FAS (CHS) stock is lower by -1.59% to $15.43 in early market trading after the retailer was downgraded to "hold" from "buy" at Maxim Financial with a price target of $14.50, down from $19.
The firm cited lack of comp momentum for its cut in rating.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
- CHS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CHS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $85.67 million or 7.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CHICOS FAS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 21.80%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 30.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $43.59 million to $30.13 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, CHICOS FAS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CHS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV