NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL) were unchanged in pre-market trading Wednesday even though Credit Suisse (CS) increased its price target on the stock to $74 and increased its estimates.
The firm kept its "outperform" rating and cited management's continued guidance boost as the reason for the increases.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ODFL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.10, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- OLD DOMINION FREIGHT has improved earnings per share by 26.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, OLD DOMINION FREIGHT increased its bottom line by earning $2.40 versus $1.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.94 versus $2.40).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Road & Rail industry average. The net income increased by 26.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $58.26 million to $73.85 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 26.47% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 51.90% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ODFL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts