NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Kohl's Corp
(KSS) was upgraded to "buy" from "hold" at Maxim Group with a higher price target of $68 from $48.
The firm cited its expectations on the company's loyalty program, the upgraded beauty offering, and its "ship from store" initiatives for the upgrade.
Also, Kohl's announced its partnership earlier this morning with AwesomenessTV on a new fashion line and YouTube series set to launch September 22.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Multiline Retail industry average. The net income increased by 0.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $231.00 million to $232.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $551.00 million or 20.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.86%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.83, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.28 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KSS Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts