OptionMonster's tracking systems detected the purchase of almost 3,900 September 65 calls, most of which priced for 28 cents to 35 cents. Volume surpassed previous open interest of 2,722 contracts, which indicates that new money was put to work.
These long calls lock in the price where investors can buy shares in the motorcycle maker, letting them profit from a rally with limited capital at risk. The contracts can also generate significant leverage if stock moves in the right direction, but they will expire worthless if shares remain below $65 for the next 2-1/2 weeks.
Harley-Davidson rose 0.25% to $63.48 on Wednesday and is attempting to bounce off its 52-week lows around $60.50 a month ago. Sales missed expectations the last time results were announced in July, but management has predicted stronger business as its new Street models hit showrooms.Total option volume was five times greater than average in the session, with overall calls outnumbering puts by a bullish 7-to-1 ratio. Russell has no positions in HOG
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV