"[Vinamilk] is run in accordance with all the best standards of corporate governance," he adds. Vinamilk is PXP's biggest holding at one-fifth of the portfolio. The stock has given shareholders 22 times their money since 2005, Snowball says.
Investment in the 38-year-old dairy will surge further if the government finalizes rules letting foreign funds own majority shares in companies on the liquidity-strapped Ho Chi Minh City stock exchange. Today the cap is 49% in most companies.
Will the golden cow tip over by then?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV