NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Under Armour Inc. (UA - Get Report) are surging this afternoon, up 4.08% to $71.15 on heavy trading volume, after the athletic apparel company that got its start catering to football players, hired supermodel Gisele Bundchen to promote its products as ti looks to appeal more to women, according to Bloomberg.
Bundchen was signed to a multiyear deal as the latest addition to its list of female endorsers, the company said.
Under Armour, founded by Chief Executive Officer Kevin Plank to sell clothes that go under football jerseys, has expanded into shoes, yoga wear and bags, Bloomberg said.
TheStreet Ratings team rates UNDER ARMOUR INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate UNDER ARMOUR INC (UA) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- UA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.17 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.19, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 739.08% to $101.87 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, UNDER ARMOUR INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.17%.
- UNDER ARMOUR INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNDER ARMOUR INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.75 versus $0.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.94 versus $0.75).
- The gross profit margin for UNDER ARMOUR INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.99%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.90% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: UA Ratings Report