NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Trina Solar (TSL) are up 4.07% to $13.04 after it was reported that China's largest profitable panel manufacturer, agreed to buy a 90% stake in the power-plant developer Yunnan Metallurgical New Energy Co., Bloomberg reports.
The remaining 10% will be retained by the parent company Yunnan Metallurgical Group Co. and two of its units, Changzhou-based Trina said today. Terms of the deal weren't disclosed.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
- TSL's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TRINA SOLAR LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, TRINA SOLAR LTD continued to lose money by earning -$1.02 versus -$3.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.95 versus -$1.02).
- The gross profit margin for TRINA SOLAR LTD is rather low; currently it is at 20.57%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TSL's net profit margin of 5.95% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.16 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, TSL has a quick ratio of 0.60, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TSL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts