NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) rose 0.81% to $33.81 when the market opened Tuesday after Stifel Nicolaus (SF) upgraded the stock to "buy" from "hold" and set a $39 price target.
The firm cited valuation as the reason for the move.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CABOT OIL & GAS CORP has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CABOT OIL & GAS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.67 versus $0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.15 versus $0.67).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 32.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $89.11 million to $118.42 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $329.57 million or 18.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.36%.
- The gross profit margin for CABOT OIL & GAS CORP is currently very high, coming in at 73.85%. Regardless of COG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, COG's net profit margin of 22.20% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: COG Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts