Emaar, Developer of Mideast's Biggest Mall, to List on Stock Market
By Razan Alzayani
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- Emaar Properties, the developer behind one of the world's largest shopping malls and the world's tallest tower, said Sunday it will launch an initial public offering for part of its retail business in Dubai in September.
The Dubai-based developer said in a statement that it expects to sell at least 15% of the company known as Emaar Malls Group in the offering. Like Emaar Properties, the new company will trade on the Dubai Financial Market.
Emaar's retail business includes the vast Dubai Mall, the Mideast's biggest shopping center. It is making 30% of the offering available to individual investors and the rest to institutional investors.Hussam al Husseiny, a chartered market technician, said the news will sway investors who were concerned about liquidity in the market against selling their shares in Emaar. "These little details that Emaar gave will validate the share for people," he said. The company's retail and malls arm recorded $340 million in revenue in the first six months of 2014. The Dubai government owns around a third of Emaar Properties, which has total assets of nearly $19 billion. Emaar Properties shares closed Sunday at 11.15 dirhmas, or roughly $3.03.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV