NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Pacific Sunwear of California
(PSUN) shares are down -6.5% to $2.13 on Friday after reporting a 3 cent per share net loss during the second quarter earnings period that was a 5 cent drop from the same period a year ago.
Shares are declining in early trading today despite the fact that the net loss for the quarter was in line with analysts expectations.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
TheStreet Ratings team rates PACIFIC SUNWEAR CALIF INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate PACIFIC SUNWEAR CALIF INC (PSUN) a SELL. This is driven by a number of negative factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PSUN Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV