NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Big Lots (BIG - Get Report) are lower by -1.76% to $46.37 in early market trading as the discount retailer raised the bottom end of its earnings guidance for the full year to a range of $2.40 to $2.50 after posting fiscal second quarter profit of 31 cents per share, above the analyst estimates of 30 cents.
For the second quarter, the discount retail giant reported net sales of $1.2 billion, up 1.2% from the same quarter of last year, but lower than what analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected of slightly more than $1.2 billion.
The company also announced a $125 million share repurchase program.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BIG Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts