The San Francisco-based company reported fiscal second-quarter revenue of $101.5 million, up 52% from last year and above consensus expectations of $93.9 million. Splunk's licensed revenue rose 44% year over year to $62.1 million.
Splunk said it signed more than 500 new customers in the quarter, bringing its total worldwide customers to 7,900.
"We are pleased to deliver another strong quarter and thank our customers and partners for their continued support," said Godfrey Sullivan, chairman and CEO. "We continue to invest heavily in product innovation, including the industry's first 100% uptime SLA for Splunk Cloud, we shipped a brand new product -- the Splunk App for Stream for wire data -- and delivered a new release of our App for Enterprise Security."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV