NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Omnivision Technologies Inc. (OVTI - Get Report) are up 2.28% to $27.80 in pre-market trade after Stephens raised its price target on the image-sensor devices company to $29 from $24 following the company's Q1 beat and Hua Capital's recent $29 per share takeover offer.
Stephens maintains its "equal weight" rating on the stock, citing valuation and concerns about its decreasing share with a customer in North America.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 52.94% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 68.92% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, OVTI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 68.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $8.92 million to $15.07 million.
- OVTI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.03, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 610.83% to $62.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, OMNIVISION TECHNOLOGIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -8.94%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: OVTI Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts