ARMONK, N.Y., Aug. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A new report released by IBM (NYSE: IBM ) provides guidance for businesses on how to unlock the potential of enterprise mobility by empowering employees with the tools they need to make decisions, collaborate, transact and innovate in entirely new ways.
The report, titled "The Individual Enterprise – How Mobility Redefines Business," developed by the IBM Institute for Business Value emphasizes how the power of analytics-driven mobile strategies can redefine business and how work gets done. While many organizations recognize the potential impact of mobile, few have the foundation in place to capitalize on the power of mobile and data analytics.
Eighty-four percent of CIOs rate mobile solutions as a critical investment to get closer to customers 1 and 94 percent of CMOs ranked mobile apps as crucial to their digital marketing plans. 2 While the C-suite is considering mobile applications that are customer facing, the greater opportunity exists in the enterprise to impact the way people work, collaborate and innovate.
"Currently most enterprise mobile use has been restricted to email, calendaring and instant messaging," said Saul Berman, vice president and chief strategist in IBM Global Business Services. "Consider how combining mobile devices and cognitive analytics can completely transform how we work, industries operate and companies perform. Getting started with this new imperative requires leaders who can define what this journey will look like and champion a call to action."A successful mobile initiative will allow employees to access relevant information and insights when and where needed, as well as the ability to address a critical industry pain point or create fundamental new value; weigh outcomes using analytics and data streams; and focus on leading edge features of innovative mobile devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV