3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Durables Industry Lower
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, KEQU's share price has jumped by 33.67%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KEQU should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- KEWAUNEE SCIENTIFIC CORP's earnings per share declined by 22.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KEWAUNEE SCIENTIFIC CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.48 versus $1.17 in the prior year.
- KEQU, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, KEWAUNEE SCIENTIFIC CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts