NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Genesco Inc.
(GCO) are down -7.22% to $82.27 after the footwear and apparel retailer reported second quarter earnings of 34 cents per share, missing the Capital IQ consensus estimate of 55 cents per share.
Revenue for the quarter rose 7.1% from one year ago to $615.5 million, and edging out the consensus estimate of $613.58 million.
The company cut its fiscal 2015 full year forecast to a range of $5.10 to $5.20 per share from its previous $5.40 to $5.55 per share, which falls below the Capital IQ consensus estimate of $5.46 per share.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates GENESCO INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate GENESCO INC (GCO) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GCO Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV