NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Who shops at J.C. Penney
(JCP) these days?
The retail chain, which is holding a highly anticipated analysts day in New York City on Wednesday, hopes to show investors, analysts and media that it is still relevant with American consumers.
Must Read: Chipotle's Monty Moran Unwraps the Restaurant's Success Story
The event -- the first in nearly three years -- will be hosted by chairman and CEO Mike Ullman and his executive team. The Street will be there to live blog the presentations, which will likely underscore how far the company has come from the disastrous tenure of former CEO Ron Johnson.
In the meantime, we headed to the mall to see just what's new and different with J.C. Penney. Here's what we found.
In the following photos, you see healthier in-stock levels on traffic-driving basic apparel and home goods.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV