NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Crazy Chicken is looking more like The Crazy Investor.
El Pollo Loco (LOCO) was founded by Juan Francisco Ochoa in the small town of Guasave in the State of Sinaloa in 1975. You can check a picture of the very first restaurant here. Today, there are many restaurants in five states, including Coahuila, Michoacan, Nuevo Leon, Sinaloa and Tamaulipas.
They're also in Mexico City, an urban area almost as populated as New York City.
- One is currently the most profitable restaurant in the world with annual sales of $28.1 billion and annual profits of $5.6 billion
- The other one is currently McDonald's (MCD) largest franchisee in the world with 94,000 employees, 2,070 restaurants and it serves over 4,300,000 customers daily in Argentina, Aruba, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curacao, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico, Peru, St. Croix, St. Thomas, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV