For the second quarter the solar module maker reported a loss of -10 cents a share. Revenue fell -6.4% from the year-ago quarter to $178.5 million.
Hanwha SolarOne shipped 339.5 MW of solar modules in the second quarter, a 5.7% increase from the year-ago quarter, but below its guidance of 350 MW to 370 MW for the quarter. The company said it expects to ship 400 MW worth of solar modules in the third quarter, and 1.5 GW to 1.6 GW in the full year.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds LoveSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates HANWHA SOLARONE CO LTD as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate HANWHA SOLARONE CO LTD (HSOL) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk, weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself." You can view the full analysis from the report here: HSOL Ratings Report HSOL data by YCharts EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV