NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Darden Restaurants Inc. (DRI) are slightly lower at $47.31 after the full service restaurant company said it's rescheduling its 2014 annual shareholders meeting for October 10 so investors will have more time to review proxy materials.
The company has been targeted by activist shareholders who want to replace the company's board.
Darden said the record date for the Annual Meeting will remain August 11.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds LoveSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates DARDEN RESTAURANTS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate DARDEN RESTAURANTS INC (DRI) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- DRI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for DARDEN RESTAURANTS INC is rather low; currently it is at 20.24%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.24% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $103.40 million or 60.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DRI Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts