The company reported top-line results for the first of two identical studies that compared its treatment, Androxal, with the leading FDA-approved Androgel. Androxal showed superiority in multiple assessments, specifically the two co-primary endpoints of percent change from baseline in average sperm concentration and percent of subjects considered to be responders.
The study defines a responder as "an individual achieving a 24-hour average testosterone in the normal range with associated average sperm concentration >= 10 million/mL," according to the press release.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds LoveSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Androxal also showed superiority in secondary endpoints, including change in the key pituitary signaling hormones LH and FSH. The stock was up 10.21% to $20.07 at 9:59 a.m. More than 2.1 million shares had changed hands, compared to the average volume of 258,220. RPRX data by YCharts
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV