NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Williams-Sonoma Inc. (WSM) are tanking, down -11.36% to $66.35 in after-hours trading, as the company reported lower than expected revenue in its fiscal second quarter earnings.
TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg has details on Williams-Sonoma's latest quarterly results:
The home goods retailer posted revenue for the quarter of $1.04 billion, a 5.9% increase from $982 million year over year, but missed analysts' estimates of $1.05 billion by $10 million.
Earnings for the second quarter grew 8.2% to 53 cents per diluted share from 49 cents per diluted share in the same quarter of 2013, and in line with analysts expectations.
Shares of Williams-Sonoma hit a 52 week high of $75.69 earlier today ahead of the earnings report.
TheStreet Ratings team rates WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC (WSM) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WSM Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV