NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- This has been quite a quiet day -- which is good after the strong moves we've seen recently.
Any dips are being bought, so that remains the strategy to use if you missed proper buy points.
Read More: Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend Stocks
All I'm doing these days is sitting on winners and adding to select positions if the opportunity does present itself. I did sell one stock today for a new one, which so far is slightly underwater. (Subscribers can find out more.)The S&P 500 SPDR ETF (SPY) is holding well at the $200 area and still looks good. A couple more days of sideways action within tight ranges would be spectacular. Read More: Biotech Stock Boom Times Are Back The past couple of weeks we've seen nice strength early in the week and then that peters out a bit. Who's to say if that can continue? But it is something to be aware of, and as long as we don't begin to see heavy selling with strong volume then letting stocks ride should be fine. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @iTraderz This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV