Despite Braxton Miller Injury, Ohio State Football Tickets Up 4%
Despite their poor finish to 2013, Ohio State has proven to be one of the top programs in the nation under head coach Urban Meyer, and have plenty of talent still on the roster.
It also helps that college football is transitioning to a playoff format this year, giving four teams a shot at a national title, instead of just two like it has been in the past.
Read More: 10 Stocks George Soros Is Buying
The belief is even without Miller, Ohio State should have enough to get through what many perceive to be a weak schedule. The only game on the Ohio State football schedule against a ranked opponent is the aforementioned Michigan State Spartans, and the game isn’t until Nov. 8.That gives redshirt-freshman JT Barrett plenty of time to get acclimated to the offense. And it’s not like Barrett lacks talent. He was a four star recruit, and while inexperienced, the past two Heisman Trophy winners were redshirt-freshman quarterbacks. Despite the Miller injury, Ohio State is still seen as a competitor for the national title. At the very least they should be a main challenger for the Big Ten crown. So it’s not a shock that ticket prices on the secondary market haven’t been affected negatively since news of the injury was announced. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Read More: 7 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Selling in 2014
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV