NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Brown-Forman
(BF.B) shares are down -0.3% to $91.93 on Wednesday after reporting weaker than expected first quarter earnings results.
The Jack Daniels whiskey bottler reported first quarter earnings of 70 cents per diluted share, 1 cent short of analysts estimates, on revenue of $921 million.
Analysts were expecting first quarter revenue of $893.4 million.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
TheStreet Ratings team rates BROWN-FORMAN as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate BROWN-FORMAN (BF.B) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BF.B Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV