Water-Logged And Getting Wetter: Hillshire Brands (HSH)
- HSH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $140.2 million.
- HSH has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- HSH traded in a range 318.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.33.
- HSH traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 57 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 57 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HSH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HSH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HSH: The Hillshire Brands Company manufactures and markets meat-centric food solutions worldwide. It operates in two segments, Retail and Foodservice/Other. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. HSH has a PE ratio of 36.7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Hillshire Brands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hillshire Brands has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hillshire has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 4.4% with 3.66 days to cover. Shares are up 88.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hillshire Brands as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HSH's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HSH's share price has jumped by 93.17%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- HILLSHIRE BRANDS CO's earnings per share declined by 21.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HILLSHIRE BRANDS CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.70 versus $1.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.91 versus $1.70).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 34.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $41.00 million to $27.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for HILLSHIRE BRANDS CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.53% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Hillshire Brands Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.