NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Bob Evans Farms Inc.
(BOBE) are down -3.93% to $45.90 in late morning trade on Wednesday following the restaurant operator's first quarter loss, hurt by lower sales and increasing operating costs.
The company reported GAAP first quarter earnings loss of $1 million, or -4 cents per diluted share, compared with net income of $8.4 million, or 30 cents per diluted share in the same quarter of last year.
Ohio-based Bob Evans reported adjusted net income was $2.3 million, or 10 cents per diluted share, compared with net income of $15.2 million, or 54 cents per diluted share, in the same quarter of 2013, matching analysts expectations.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
Revenue for the quarter fell -1% to $326.3 million from $329.5 million one year ago, missing the consensus revenue estimate of $328.61 million.Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates BOB EVANS FARMS as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate BOB EVANS FARMS (BOBE) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BOBE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV