Water-Logged And Getting Wetter: Garmin (GRMN)
- GRMN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.2 million.
- GRMN has traded 725,879 shares today.
- GRMN traded in a range 218.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.74.
- GRMN traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 13 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 13 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GRMN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GRMN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GRMN: Garmin Ltd. is a worldwide provider of navigation, communications and information devices, most of which are enabled by global positioning system (GPS) technology. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. GRMN has a PE ratio of 17.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Garmin a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Garmin has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Garmin has a market cap of $11.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 15.7% with 23.66 days to cover. Shares are up 24.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Garmin as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- GRMN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, GRMN has a quick ratio of 1.95, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 42.50% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GRMN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for GARMIN LTD is rather high; currently it is at 58.69%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.39% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Household Durables industry average. The net income increased by 5.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $172.49 million to $181.98 million.
- You can view the full Garmin Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts