The company reported diluted earnings per share of $1.24 on revenue of $1.22 billion, down year-over-year from $3.53 on revenues of $1.27 billion. A one-time asset sale boosted the year-ago figures. The consensus estimate from analysts polled by Thomson Reuters called for EPS of 74 cents on revenue of $1.28 billion.
Seadrill said it would maintain its quarterly dividend of $1 a share into 2016 even if the rig market does not recover, but said it would not order any new rigs until the rig market clarifies. The company has 18 rigs that have not been delivered yet.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV