NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- LiveDeal Inc (LIVE - Get Report) stock is sharply up 8.73% to $4.36 in early market trade after the geo-location marketing company announced that it acquired online retailer ModernEveryday.com.
The acquisition was completed using a combination of cash, a note, and LiveDeal restricted stock valued at $8 per share.
LiveDeal said Modern Everyday earned nearly $10 million in unaudited revenue last year, and it expects this revenue to increase following an additional infusion of cash into its new division.
LiveDeal operates a mobile service that connects merchants and consumers using geo-location, enabling businesses to communicate in real-time and give instant offers to nearby customers.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates LIVEDEAL INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate LIVEDEAL INC (LIVE) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$1.26 million or 48.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, LIVEDEAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for LIVEDEAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 63.72%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LIVE's net profit margin of -143.95% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- LIVEDEAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LIVEDEAL INC reported poor results of -$0.66 versus -$0.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.34 versus -$0.66).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 69.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$3.22 million to -$0.98 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LIVE Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE