Trade-Ideas: Tiffany (TIF) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- TIF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $107.2 million.
- TIF has traded 260,393 shares today.
- TIF is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TIF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TIF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TIF: Tiffany & Co., through its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and retails jewelry worldwide. The company operates through Americas, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Europe, and Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. TIF has a PE ratio of 58.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Tiffany a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tiffany has been 782,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tiffany has a market cap of $13.0 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 2.19 and a short float of 3.6% with 4.24 days to cover. Shares are up 8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tiffany as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TIFFANY & CO is rather high; currently it is at 63.17%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.41% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 3255.93% to $76.62 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TIFFANY & CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 25.53%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 50.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $83.58 million to $125.61 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.90 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Tiffany Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts