New Lifetime High For Celgene (CELG)
- CELG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $396.6 million.
- CELG has traded 122,197 shares today.
- CELG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CELG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CELG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CELG: Celgene Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes therapies to treat cancer and immune-inflammatory related diseases in the United States and internationally. CELG has a PE ratio of 53.0. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Celgene a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Celgene has been 4.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Celgene has a market cap of $73.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.10 and a short float of 1.6% with 3.16 days to cover. Shares are up 10.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Celgene as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 29.72% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.25% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- CELGENE CORP has improved earnings per share by 29.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CELGENE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.69 versus $1.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.65 versus $1.69).
- CELG's revenue growth trails the industry average of 43.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CELGENE CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CELGENE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 96.21%. Regardless of CELG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 31.92% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Celgene Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts