NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Yingli Green Energy (YGE) was falling -6.2% to $3.34 Wednesday after missing analysts' estimates for earnings and revenue for the second quarter and lowering its shipment guidance.
For the second quarter Yingli Green Energy reported a loss of -25 cents a share, missing the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of a loss of -12 cents a share by 13 cents. Revenue grew 1% from the year-ago quarter to $549.5 million, missing analysts' estimates of $580 million.
The company shipped 887.9 MW of photovoltaic modules in the second quarter, a 40.8% increase from the previous quarter.
Looking forward to the full year, Yingli Green Energy expects to ship 3.6 GW to 3.8 GW of PV modules, down from its previous guidance of 4.0 GW to 4.2 GW of PV modules for the year.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HLDGS CO as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HLDGS CO (YGE) a SELL. This is driven by several weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself." You can view the full analysis from the report here: YGE Ratings Report YGE data by YCharts EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV