NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Michaels Co. Inc. (MIK) are gaining by 11.43% to $16.87 in pre-market trading on Wednesday, after the company reported an increase in adjusted net income for the 2014 second quarter to $30 million, or 15 cents per diluted share, compared to $21 million, or 10 cents per diluted share for the same period last year.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected the arts and crafts retail chain to post earnings of 8 cents per share for the quarter.
Michaels' net sales for the most recent quarter grew by 4.9% to $948 million, from $904 million for the 2013 second quarter, while analysts were expecting $942.99 million in revenue.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV