3 Stocks Improving Performance Of The Media Industry
- Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- EMMS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.93 versus -$0.21 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 72.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $3.48 million to $0.96 million.
- Although EMMS's debt-to-equity ratio of 3.31 is very high, it is currently less than that of the industry average. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, EMMS maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.92, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts