NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- This was another solid day with markets holding and not showing me any sign of a top yet -- and leading stocks still doing well. It really has been an unexpected and great August, and we're taking advantage of it.
I'm very heavy into stocks now, with 12 stocks and not much margin left.
Read More: 10 Stocks Carl Icahn Loves in 2014
I get in and out of stocks quickly as the action tells me to. I can't really buy much more, but I have added to a few positions as they told me to, with good results so far.Let's take a look at the S&P 500 SPDR ETF (SPY) and see how this nice uptrend remains in place. Members can see the stocks I've got and get an update on my thoughts of them every evening, or for real-time members, as I make every trade. The S&P 500 ETF has a great uptrend channel. All we can do is ride it until it breaks. Read More: Why Caterpillar Could Suffer From Low Growth in China, Mining Sector No sign of a top to me yet. Depending on the uptrend angle, you can sometimes judge how long it will last. This one can go for a while yet and even break out to the upside before we see any meaningful correction. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @iTraderz This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV