NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Tiffany & Co. (TIF - Get Report) are higher by 1.03% to $101.26 on heavy trading volume on Tuesday afternoon, ahead of the company's 2014 second quarter earnings report, which is scheduled to be released before the market opens on Wednesday.
So far, 1.11 million shares of Tiffany's have exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 782,000 shares.
The FactSet consensus estimate has forecast for a profit of 85 cents per share, compared to Tiffany's 2013 second quarter profit of 83 cents per share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TIFFANY & CO is rather high; currently it is at 63.17%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.41% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 3255.93% to $76.62 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TIFFANY & CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 25.53%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 50.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $83.58 million to $125.61 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.90 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TIF Ratings Report