T-Mobile quadrupled the data capacity for its Simple Starter plan. The new plan offers unlimited talk and text and 2GB of LTE data for $45, just $5 more than the current price point. The new plan will be available as of Wednesday, Sep 3.
Last week, Sprint unveiled its new pricing plan, which it said essentially doubles the amount of data customers can receive at a price that matches or beats competitors.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The third-largest U.S. wireless carrier announced a new family plan could include up to 10 lines with 20GB of shared data and unlimited talk and text for $100 a month as part of the promotion that lasts through 2015. The new pricing also contains a promotion for an additional 2GB per line for up to 10 lines through 2015. T-Mobile's announcement could start a price war with Sprint after the two companies were embroiled in merger talks for months. Sprint stock was up 4.48% to $5.83 at 2:56 p.m. S Price data by YCharts
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV